Sr Mechanical Engineer
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package with 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To lead mechanical engineering efforts within product development and add to the culture of continued improvement and engineering excellence. |
|Duties:||• Lead the development of electro-mechanical and electro-surgical disposable and re-useable medical devices.|
• Generate ideas and solutions for new products as well as engineering support for current products.
• Comply with regulatory requirements, outlined by company design control procedures.
• Review and analyze, including formal reports when necessary, such things as product concepts and needs, patents, sales and marketing plans, etc.•
• Assist with activities relating to the building, testing and evaluation of electro-mechanical systems.
• Perform design analysis tolerance stack, risk analysis, etc.
• Interface with vendors in component acquisition and process design.
• Assemble and debug initial prototypes
• Estimate product costs.
• Provide engineering support to manufacturing and operations.
• Generate ideas and solutions for new product design issues.
• Assist in document control and maintenance of design history file.
• Implement procedures, training records, specification sheets, drawings and bill of materials
- All Other Essential Duties as directed
• Leading project Teams to product commercialization (no direct reports).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• B.S.M.E. with 5 -10 years of experience in the design and development of mechanical systems and mechanisms, preferably in the medical industry.
• Project leadership skills and demonstrated experience in hands-on management of project teams.
• Analytical engineering skills such as structural, thermal, and dimensional.
• Experience in Solidworks and/or similar CAD/CAM programs
• Geometric dimensioning and tolerance experience.
• Project scheduling such as Microsoft Project is desirable.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Microsoft Windows environment, Outlook, excel, MS project, 3D Solids CAD/CAM software
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.