Principal Mechanical Engineer
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Pkg including 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To lead mechanical engineering efforts within product development and add to the culture of continued improvement and engineering excellence. |
|Duties:||• Technical Leadership and Project Management of R&D product development teams to develop our surgical robotic products to expand our market within medical systems.|
• Mentor and provide technical guidance to the engineering staff
• Continue to refine our mechanical development process.
• Generate ideas and solutions for new products as well as engineering support for current products.
• Comply with regulatory requirements, including company design control procedures.
• Review and analyze, including formal reports when necessary, such things as product concepts and needs, patents, sales and marketing plans, etc.
• Assist with activities relating to design, testing and evaluation of system elements.
• Perform design analysis and risk analyses.
• Lead continual improvement to mechanical development process.
• Coordinate system level testing and validation efforts.
• Facilitate design reviews
• Assist in document control and maintenance of design history file.
• Implement procedures, training records, and continual improvement.
• Leading project team to product commercialization.
• Potential to manage small teams of technical staff (may or may not be direct reports).
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE|
• B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering with 10 -15 years of experience in the mechanical design and development of medical devices.
• Project leadership skills and demonstrated experience in hands-on management of project teams.
• Experience in mechanism design
• Experience in design for manufacturing of precision injected molded and machined components
• Experience with electromechanical systems
• Experience with robotic systems preferred
• Experience with vision and optical systems preferred
• Solid working knowledge of regulatory requirements for medical product development, including knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601, ISO 13485, ISO 14971.
• Project scheduling such as Microsoft Project is desirable.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
SolidWorks, DFx experience, Microsoft Windows environment, Outlook, excel, MS project
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.