Senior Manufacturing Engineer, R&D
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package including 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Senior Manufacturing Engineer R&D is a member of the R&D product development team. This position is responsible for analyzing new and existing designs for manufacturability, fit to current processes, determining requirements for new vendor or production processes and evaluation cost reduction possibilities before transition to production. |
|Duties:||• Work with product development staff to ensure that products under development are optimally manufacturable and to resolve manufacturing issues.|
• Design and develop manufacturing processes for new products, product changes and enhancements, and related tooling and fixtures which are consistent with a zero defect level as well as low product cost.
• Investigate benefits and features of capital equipment and generate capital appropriation justifications.
• Create and maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs concepts and tool drawings in coordination with the Quality Assurance and R&D functions.
• Contribute to the intellectual property position of the company via invention and patent applications
• Maintain current knowledge of medical, technical, and biomedical developments as related to company products.
• Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, and FDA regulations
• Works with Purchasing and R&D to qualify new suppliers and oversees ongoing quality initiatives
• All Other Essential Duties as directed
|Qualifications:||• BS – Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering |
• Proven ability to work in high performing, talented manufacturing and R&D engineering teams
• Possess 10+ years of progressive experience the design, development and manufacture of medical devices
• Proven track record of innovation, process improvement and demonstrated knowledge of design for manufacturability
• Demonstrated expertise in manufacturing methods and cost reduction expertise
• Demonstrated expertise and established track record with new product launch and project management skills
• Excellent ability to communicate ideas both orally and in writing
• Proven leadership skills promoting culture of respect, fairness and trust
• Top-notch interpersonal and relationship building skills
• First-rate influencing and negotiation skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills with sound ability to prioritize issues and drive desired results in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Able to relate with internal and external professionals with ease and enthusiasm
• Possess a strong "Can Do" attitude to deliver superior results