Sr Electrical Engineer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To lead the electrical engineering efforts within product development|
|Duties:||• Electrical technical lead for R&D product development team to develop the electronics and control systems within reusable and disposable medical systems.|
• Responsible for the development of the electronic system architecture and implementation. Including schematic capture, PCB design, and firmware design and implementation.
• Generate ideas and solutions for new products as well as engineering support for current products.
• Perform design analysis and risk analyses.
• Select and interface with vendors.
• Manage assembly of prototypes and bring-up of prototypes
• Review and analyze, including formal reports when necessary, such things as product concepts and needs, patents, sales and marketing plans, etc.
• Comply with regulatory requirements, and company design control procedures.
• Provide engineering support to manufacturing and operations.
• Generate ideas and solutions for new product design issues.
• Assist in document control and maintenance of design history file.
• Implement procedures, training records, specification sheets, drawings and bill of materials.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
• • B.S.E.E. or M.S.E.E with 5 -10 years of experience in the design and development of complex electrical systems, preferably in the medical industry.
• Project leadership skills and demonstrated experience in hands-on management of project teams.
• Experience in schematic capture and PCB design programs.
• Experience with embedded design and programming, and embedded Real Time Operating Systems
• Motor control electronic design and control algorithm design
• Experience with computer and microprocessor communication protocols such as Ethernet, WiFi, CAN bus, I2C, and SPI
• Experience with electromechanical systems integration strongly preferred.
• Solid working knowledge of regulatory requirements for software and hardware development, including knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601, ISO 13485, ISO 14971 strongly preferred.
• Project scheduling such as Microsoft Project is desirable.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
C,C++, C#, Window CE, VHDL or Verilog, excellent problem solving skill
Some Travel Required