Principal Software Engineer
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Package including 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To lead the software engineering efforts within product development.|
|Duties:||• Technical Leadership and Project Management of R&D product development teams to develop the software architecture and code within medical systems.|
• Forge software development strategy and lead software development, tracking and support efforts.
• Generate ideas and solutions for new products as well as engineering support for current products.
• Comply with regulatory requirements, including company design control procedures.
• Review and analyze, including formal reports when necessary, such things as product concepts and needs, patents, sales and marketing plans, etc.
• Assist with activities relating to the coding, testing and evaluation of software elements.
• Perform design analysis and risk analyses.
• Interface with vendors in component design, procurement and testing.
• Compile and debug initial prototypes.
• Coordinate software testing and validation efforts.
• Estimate project/product costs.
• Generate ideas and solutions for new product design issues.
• Assist in document control and maintenance of design history file.
• Implement procedures, training records, specification sheets, drawings and bill of materials.
• Leading project Team to product commercialization.
• Potential to manage 1-3 direct reports.
|Qualifications:||• B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 10 -15 years of experience in the software design and development, preferably in the medical industry.|
• Project leadership skills and demonstrated experience in hands-on management of project teams.
• Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Assembly, Matlab
• Experience with embedded systems and programming.
• Experience with real time operating systems preferred.
• Solid working knowledge of regulatory requirements for software development, including knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601, ISO 13485, ISO 14971.
• Project scheduling such as Microsoft Project is desirable.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Microsoft Windows environment, Outlook, excel, MS project, C, C++, C#, Assembly, Matlab
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.